Friday, September 10, 2010

Mee Rebus

Feel like cooking today. Therefore, took the initiative to prepare Mee Rebus, by taking hints of recipe from the Internet. However, can't find some, or most of the, crucial ingredients. As a result, er... you'd know the outcome.


Boil the sweet potatoes and potatoes. Then, mash them.



I'm supposed to have an inch of turmeric root (kunyit) and 2 tbsp of chilly paste. But, I replaced the kunyit with turmeric powder (serbuk kunyit) and chilly paste with chilly powder. Er... I think I've overestimated my tolerance of spiciness. For me, 1 tbsp of chilly powder is enough.


1 cube of chicken stock.


I can't find galangal (lengkuas), so I replaced it with ginger instead. Also, shallots are replaced with onions.


I don't have a pestle and a mortar here. So, use a grinder instead.


The real Mee Rebus should come with bean sprouts (taugeh), bean curd (taukwa) and thin prawn fritters (heh-p'iah). Sigh... too bad, I don't have those either. So kesian.


2 comments:

What say you?