Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ratatoille Provencale Soup

I call it the Rat Soup, as I know the name of Ratatouille from a cute cute cartoon movie. The main ingredient is a family of bell peppers. I don't think I'd cook this soup again as my tummy is angry (生气) with the bell peppers. After eating bell peppers, my tummy would be bloated with gas.

The cooking is very simple. It involves only 3 skills:
  1. Cut
  2. Stir fry
  3. Boil


What to Cut:

  1. Garlic
  2. Onion
  3. Red bell pepper
  4. Yellow bell pepper
  5. Green bell pepper, or any other colour you like
  6. Tomatoes, if you like a thicker soup, use more tomatoes
  7. Fresh Rosemary
  8. Fresh basel leaves

Stir Fry: Put in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 one by one, stir fry it for about 2 min before the next one joins the pot.


Boil: Add water, put on a lid, turn the stove to either medium/low fire, boil for about 30-45 min.

Done. Serve the Rat soup hot, with garlic bread.

Garlic bread
I bought a loaf of long french bread from the bakery as it would be too troublesome for me to bake one.
Garlic butter spread:
  1. Butter/margerine
  2. Garlic powder
  3. Origano, just springkle it on top of the bread for the good looks

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?